THIS WAS LAST UPDATED ON DEC. 1, 2005
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND READ THE SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT BELOW.
This subscriber agreement governs your use of the Ketchikan Daily News Web site, and, unless other terms and conditions expressly govern, any other electronic services for Pioneer Printing Co., Inc., that might be made available from time to time.
If you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement, you should click on the “I AGREE” button at the end of this agreement. If you do not agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement, you should click “I DISAGREE.” If you click “I DISAGREE,” you will not be able to become a subscriber.
- Changes to subscriber agreement. We may change the terms of this agreement at any time by notifying you of the change in writing or electronically. The changes also will appear in this document, which you can read at any time by bookmarking this agreement. You signify that you agree to be bound by such changes by using the site after changes are made to this agreement.
- Fees and payments. You can always find the current subscription fees in the “Manage Your Account” area of the site. You agree to pay the subscription fees and any other charges incurred (including any applicable taxes) in connection with your user name and password for using the site at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. All fees and charges are nonrefundable. We may change the fees and charges in effect, or add new fees or charges, by giving you notice in advance. All charges will be billed automatically through PayPal. You are responsible for any fees or charges incurred to access the site through an Internet access provider or other third-party service.
All subscriptions are between an individual and us, and not with businesses, government or other entities. A business, government or other entity may pay for a subscription. But only the employee who subscribed is entitled to access the site using the user name and/or password.
- Renewal. Your subscription will renew automatically, unless we terminate it or you notify PayPal (if you are an online only subscriber.) Print subscribers would notify us by telephone, mail or e-mail. You must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of subscription fees for the renewal term to your credit card.
- Limitations of use.
- Only one individual may access the site at the same time using the same user name or password, unless we agree otherwise.
- The content available through the site is our property or the property of our licensors and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may display or print the content available through the site for your personal, non-commercial use only.
You agree not to sell, publish, distribute, retransmit or otherwise provide access to the content received through the site to anyone, including your fellow employees, with the following exception:
You may occasionally distribute a copy of an article, or a portion of an article, from the site in non-electronic form to a few individuals without charge, provided you include all copyright and other proprietary rights notices in the same form in which the notices appear in the site, original source attribution, and the phrase “Used with permission from Pioneer Printing Co., Inc., dba Ketchikan Daily News.” Please consult the Daily News if you need to distribute an article from the site to a larger number of individuals, on a regular basis or in any other manner not expressly permitted by this agreement.
- You agree not to create abstracts from or display headlines from our content for use on another Web site. You agree not to post any content from the Web site, mail lists or electronic boards, without our written consent.
To request consent for this and other matters, please contact the Daily News.
- You agree not to use the site for any unlawful purpose. We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your access to the site if, in our opinion, your use of the site might violate any laws, infringe upon another person’s rights or violate the terms of this agreement. Also, we may refuse to grant you a user name that impersonates someone else, is protected by trademark or other proprietary right law, or is vulgar or otherwise offensive.
- Third party Web sites, services and software. We may link to, or promote, web sites or services from other companies on the site or offer you the ability to download software from other companies. You agree that we are not responsible for, and do not control, those Web sites, services and software.
- Disclaimers of warranties and limitations on liability. You agree that your access to, and use of, the site and the content available through the site is on an “as-is”, “as available” basis and we specifically disclaim any representations or warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, any representations or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Pioneer Printing Co., Inc., dba Ketchikan Daily News, and its shareholders, directors, officers, employees and licensors will not be liable (jointly or severally) to you or any other person as a result of your access or use of the site for indirect, consequential, special, incidental, punitive, or exemplary damages, including, without limitation, lost profits, lost savings and lost revenues (collectively, the “excluded damages”), whether or not characterized in negligence, tort, contract, or other theory of liability, even if any of the Pioneer Printing Co., Inc. parties have been advised of the possibility of or could have foreseen any of the excluded damages, and irrespective of any failure of an essential purpose of a limited remedy. If any applicable authority holds any portion of this section to be unenforceable, then Pioneer Printing Co., Inc., dba Ketchikan Daily News’ liability will be limited to the fullest possible extent permitted by applicable law.
- General. This agreement contains the final and entire agreement between us regarding your use of the site and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous oral or written agreements regarding your use of the site. We may discontinue or change the site, or its availability to you, at any time. This agreement is personal to you, which means that you may not assign your rights or obligations under this agreement to anyone. No third party is a beneficiary of this agreement. You agree that this agreement, as well as any and all claims arising from this agreement, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Alaska, United States of America, applicable to contracts made entirely within Alaska and wholly performed in Alaska, without regard to any conflict or choice of law principles. The sole jurisdiction and venue for any litigation arising out of this agreement will be an appropriate federal or state court located in Alaska. The United Nationals Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not govern this Agreement.
- Additional terms and notices. The Associated Press text, photos, graphics, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither Associated Press materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and noncommercial use. The Associated Press will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or any damages arising from any of the foregoing.
Pioneer Printing Co., Inc.
All rights reserved.