Edward Lawrence Littlefield Sr.

Edward Lawrence Littlefield Sr., 75, died on Jan. 25, 2022, in Metlakatla. 

He was born on Nov. 26, 1946, in Metlakatla.

Mr. Littlefield attended Sheldon Jackson School in Sitka, and the University of Washington.

He resided in Metlakatla, in addition to Sitka during school. 

Mr. Littlefield served as sergeant and communications officer in the U.S. Army.

He was a lifelong fisherman. He worked 20 years as a foreman for LP at the Annette Island Hemlock Mill and MITE Mill, and also as a lineman electrician. Mr. Littlefield studied federal indian law at the University of Washington, and served as circuit judge for Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and northern California.

Mr. Littlefield was a member of the Duncan Memorial Church in Metlakatla.

He was a member of Disabled American Veterans, American Legion and Wounded Warriors.

He enjoyed wood carvings, drawings of seiners and gillnetters by memory; welding, mending nets, Native arts, fishing and singing.

Mr. Littlefield was preceded in death by his father, Henry S. Littlefield Sr.; mother, Evelyn G. Littlefield; brothers, Henry Jr., Frankie and Teddy Sr.; and sisters, Rowena Pearson and Martha Hayward.

He is survived by his brother, Francis Littlefield; sons and daughter, Gerald (Melissa) Emery, John Henry Littlefield, Frank Taylor, Edward (Crystal) Littlefield Jr., and Evelyn (Keo) Booth; grandchildren, Tom Kirko, Tazia Wagner, Ewa Booth, Lea Vanzant, Tyanne Taylor, Jacque Steinburg, Elizabeth Taylor, Jake Taylor, Kayden Littlefield, Mykeah White, Takoda Littlefield, Edward Littlefield III, Gerald Emery Jr., Kai Booth, Hunter Littlefield, Maleka Booth and Ali Emery; and great-grandchildren, Kaylee, Chloe and Logan Kirko; and numerous nieces and nephews.

A family viewing is set for 7 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 30, 2022, at the Duncan Memorial Church. The funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Monday, Jan. 31, 2022, at the Duncan Memorial Church, with the Rev. Steven Smith officiating. Mr. Littlefield's remains will be interred at Oceanview Cemetery following the service.