KETCHIKAN (KDN) — The first voter registration deadline for Alaska elections is only a few weeks away. Individuals wishing to vote in Alaska's Aug. 18 primaries must register to do so by July 19.
All applicants will need to provide either their Alaska driver's license number, their State ID number, or the last four digits of their Social Security number.
Citizens can register to vote online if they have an Alaska driver's license or Alaska ID at voterregistration.alaska.gov.
All Alaska residents who applied for an Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend this year were automatically registered to vote unless they opted out.
Help with voter registration will be available at the following locations:
• The Ketchikan Gateway Borough clerk's office, located at 1900 First Ave.
• The Ketchikan Legislative Information Office, also located at 1900 First Ave.
• Ketchikan City Hall, located at 334 Front Street.
• The state Division of Public Assistance office, located at 2030 Sea Level Drive Suite 301.
• The state Division of Vocational Rehabilitation office, located at 2030 Sea Level Drive Suite 220-A.
The state's Division of Motor Vehicles office, located at 415 Main Street.
Citizens can check online whether they are registered to vote at myvoterinformation.alaska.gov.
Additional voting information, including copies of physical applications, can be found on the state Division of Elections website at elections.alaska.gov.