Gov. Mike Dunleavy extended Alaska's interstate travel restrictions by two weeks during a Friday evening press conference.

Health Mandate 10, which the governor issued on March 23, had been set to lapse on Tuesday.

Under Mandate 10, out-of-state travelers are required to quarantine for the duration of their trips or for 14 days, whichever is shorter, unless they "support critical infrastructure," a designation which includes grocery stores, law enforcement, public health, plumbers, newspapers, government and others establishments and businesses.

Dunleavy said at the press conference that he intends to monitor the number of forthcoming new cases in Alaska and the rest of the U.S. before potentially extending the mandate further.

"We're going to keep it in place here for the next two weeks, but what we're saying is, we're going to be looking at it on a daily basis, like we (look at) everything," Dunleavy said.

Dunleavy on Friday also issued additional guidance on protective measures for seafood processing workers and independent commercial fishing vessels.

Alaska case update

State health officials confirmed one new case of COVID-19 on Thursday, bringing the state total to 388.

The person who tested positive was an Anchorage female between 20 and 29 years old, according to the announcement from the state Department of Health and Social Services.

One seafood industry worker in the Municipality of Anchorage tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday, but the individual was not an Alaska resident and therefore was not included in the state case count.

The Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation on Friday identified a second case of COVID-19 in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta region, according to the DHSS announcement, though the case was not counted in the DHSS case count Friday.

The individual who tested positive was asymptomatic and traveled from Anchorage to Bethel by plane, according to a Friday YKHC update. The individual chose to be tested for COVID-19 at the Bethel Airport, with the intent to travel to an outlying village on the same day.

Nine infected individuals were listed as recovered on Thursday, for a statewide total of 343 recovered cases, according to the DHSS announcement — about 88.4% of the state's total cases.

As of the end of day Thursday, a total of 32,418 tests had been conducted in the state, according to DHSS.

Ketchikan case update

The total number of cases in the Ketchikan Gateway Borough remains at 16, a Friday evening Ketchikan Emergency Operations Center email update stated.

But the number of recovered cases is 15 — one lower than was recorded in Thursday's EOC update.

"Upon further investigation and a follow up with a previously reported positive case of COVID-19, it has been determined that the individual has not recovered from COVID-19," the update stated. "This individual has been self-isolating and will continue to be monitored by health professionals.

The most recent case of COVID-19 was recorded in the borough on April 20.

A total of 831 tests have been administered in the borough, with 130 test results pending.