Classifieds | Place a class ad | PDF Edition | Calendar | Discussions | Moderated Chat | Home Delivery| How to cancel
FORKLIFT FIRE — North Tongass Volunteer Fire Department firefighters finish extinguishing a forklift blaze that's believed to have been started from a short in the wiring early Thursday evening on an access road that's part of the former Ketchikan Pulp Co. mill site in Ward Cove. The incident, which was called in just before 5 p.m., prompted an NTVFD response that included an engine, three tankers, a rescue vehicle and an ambulance because of its proximity to a tank farm according to NTVFD Chief Jerry Kiffer. Firefighters were on scene for about a half-hour. There were no injuries, according to Kiffer.
Staff photo by Taylor Balkom