Classifieds | Place a class ad | PDF Edition | Home Delivery | How to cancel
This is the final edition of the Ketchikan Daily News for 2017.
It is the 304th edition.
From January to December, we published several thousand stories, even more advertisements, assembled hundreds of inserts and, in addition to the newspaper, provided as many print jobs.
We finish the year with gratitude:
• To our customers — advertisers, news sources, subscribers and the community as a whole. Without you, Ketchikan, with only 13,000 souls, couldn’t have a paper coming out six days a week.
• To our staff. Publishing a paper is both rewarding and demanding; it takes a staff willing to give it 110 percent.
• To those who have taught us and preached to us, both in offering constructive criticism for the publication and in praying us through the challenges of publishing and the aligning of our personal and professional lives.
• To the leaders in our community, the state and this nation. God bless you for your service.
• To the members of the community who help the suffering, the troubled, the poor and the weak; it’s your stories that moved us most this year. You are Ketchikan’s backbone.
• For all of our needs being met from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31. We didn’t get more than we needed, but we didn’t receive less, either.
This has been a full year. It’s had its high points and low ones. And we’ve recorded many of them in the pages of the Daily News.
That we were able to do this; we’re thankful. Thank you for your part in it, as well.
With that, the year closes for us. When we begin to produce the next edition of the Daily News, it will be a new year.
We’re hopeful it — like 2017 — will give us much for which to be thankful. And we hope it will be a happy and prosperous year for you, too.
Happy New Year!